Digital design agency Fjord has put out their list of breakout themes that they feel will be big in 2012. Erica Ogg at GigaOM has picked what she feels are the 5 most relevant to startups and entrepreneurs [... and Makers].
“This time last year, Fjord predicted that some of the big accomplishments of 2011 would be better ways to search/manage app overload (see improvements to iTunes/Siri), the reimagining of iPad magazines (Zite launched and was acquired by CNN) the gamification of everything, and the rise in mobile payment options (Square, Google Wallet).”
Erica’s choices from this year’s list:
1. Integrating your own personal devices to be used at work
2. Wearable technology breakout
3. A different kind of TV remote with a living room revolution
4. Wallet technology and disrupting the banking industry
5. Hands free and eyes free user interface for the masses
Dig deeper into these continuing trends from 2011 as they develop and look for opportunities for startup ideas and mashups.